Thursday 3 April 2014

MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter

Hello everyone :)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, just been insanely busy studying for my course :( today however I have been full of cold, so decided to take some time off the studying and relax for a while reading/writing blog posts.

Today I just wanted to do a review post on this little beauty from MUA...


I've been wanting to get my hands on this for a while now, but every time I look it seems to be sold out. Last week, however, I was in luck! I was so excited I just grabbed it and ran to the till, not even looking how much it was. But I'm pretty sure it was £3 which is amazing! I've been an MUA fan for a while now, and have a bit of an addiction to their lipsticks, so I couldn't wait to try this. 

I wasn't disappointed. For starters can we just take a minute to appreciate how pretty it actually is. The packaging is standard MUA simplicity, however the product inside is beautiful. I've been using it every day since I bought it and the pretty pattern hasn't started to fade yet either :) 

The colour is a beautiful shimmery pink, but isn't too glittery. You can apply it to the cheek bones, eyebrow bone and cupids bow for a lovely subtle lift, or even mix a bit in with a face powder for a lovely all over glow. It really is subtle which I love. But you can easily build it up with 2 or so applications. 

I used 2 coats in the pic so you could see it more clearly. It's more subtle when blended too. 

It is amazingly easy to blend too, and doesn't smudge away your foundation when you apply it. In terms of how long it lasts, I'd say around 4 hours or so before it starts to fade, but you can still notice it after around 6 hours. That's impressive from a product that only cost £3! Also, you get a lot more of it than I thought. When looking at other bloggers pics, I thought it was a similar size to their eyeshadow pots, but its much bigger! I can see it lasting me right through spring and summer, despite it being added to the 'most used' section of my makeup collection. 

I'm so happy I finally got to try this, and it was love at first brush stroke. If it's still there next time I pop in my local Superdrug I might stock up! 

Have any of you tried this, and if so what did you think? 

Love to you all x

4 comments:

  1. Im always trying to find that perfect highlighter! i will definitely check this one out!.. bargain too ;p ..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have been wanting this SO SO SO bad! It's such a beautiful color! Thanks for sharing love!


    ____ Beauty's Blessings x3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it pretty much every day! I love it. Can't believe how cheap it is too. Hope you get your hands on one, and thank you for reading xx

      Delete