Wednesday 12 March 2014

Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Peaches and Cream

Hello everyone :)

As I have said many times before, I love Sleek's lipsticks. I have a little bit of an addiction to be honest! However the one I'm going to be reviewing today is in a shade completely different to anything I've ever tried before.

Now the sun has finally appeared, I've been trying more spring shades. As much as I love my reds and purples, I'm finally ready to move into the world of pretty summer pinks and pastels, and this could not fit the bill more perfectly.



The shade is called Peaches and Cream, which is a perfect spring/summer name in itself, but the colour is the real star of the show. It's a bright pastel orange with hints of coral in it, and it really does brighten up any outfit ready for spring. It has a lovely sheen to it too and is amazingly moisturising on your lips. I still put a layer of lip balm underneath, but you probably don't need to. 

The staying power is pretty good. I normally find the glossier lipsticks come off pretty quick, but this lasts for around 5 or 6 hours without rubbing off. I do touch it up more often than that just to keep the full effect, but again, you probably don't have to. 

Sleek's products are always very reasonably priced, and this was £4.99. A pretty standard price for a drugstore brand, and the quality is way above that. This is the 6th lipstick I've tried by them, and as much as I love them all, this has to be my favorite. 

I honestly can't find a downside to this product. I often find orangey shades difficult to wear, but this seems a bit more toned down while still being bright, and that somehow makes it very wearable for everyday. I can see this being a firm favourite throughout spring :) 

Thank you for reading! What are your favourite spring lipsticks? 

Love to you all x

4 comments:

  1. Love the packaging and the lipstick colour. I wish Sleek was readily available in Canada. Thanks for Sharing this delicious summer colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they deliver to Canada? And thank you for commenting :) xx

      Delete