Friday 31 January 2014

New Year and No Diet

Hello everyone :)

Sorry in advance about today's post! It's basically just me having a little rant.

It seems like almost everyone around me is on a new years diet! I mean, good luck to them all, and I hope they do well, but it's starting to make me feel like I'm wrong for not caring about my weight?! Isn't that kind of the opposite of what normally happens?!

I'm 5ft 7 and a size 10. I've been a size 6/8 for years but have spent the last 8 months or so being seriously ill, in and out of hospital, and on various different medications and treatments. Yes, I've put weight on as a result of a mixture of bed rest, tablets and hormone treatments. I've finally got to a place where the doctors are happy with my progress and I can finally get on with the rest of my life, so to be completely honest, my weight is the last thing on my mind. I just want to claim my life back and enjoy myself!

For those of you who don't know, I had sarcoidosis.. which basically means your immune system attacks all the healthy cells in your body. I had fluid in my lungs, kidney damage, fluid on my spine, cycts in my joints, nerve damage, decreased eye sight and was deaf in one ear. It was horrible.

Now, I'm happy to be a bit bigger than normal if that means I can be healthy, go out and see my friends, and not have to spend time in hospital anymore.

I'm sorry for the rant, and I do honestly wish all the best to those of you on a diet, I just feel wrong for not caring about my weight, and I wondered if I was alone in this?!

As normal, all comments welcomed :)

Love to you all x


2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I have been ill for a long time. It is very hard to loose everything you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is completely how it feels! Haven't felt like myself in ages.. but am slowly starting to now :) hope you're ok, and feel better soon :) here if you need to talk xx

      Delete