Monday 18 November 2013

Rescue Oil Review

Hello my lovelies!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was cold. Very cold!

Cold weather tends to dry my skin out quite a lot so I've learnt that I need to go on the attack when it comes to keeping my skin hydrated in winter. Moisturize all the time, and above moisturizer, one thing I've been using to keep my skin soft and even in colour throughout the last couple of weeks is Rescue Oil. Normally, I turn to the infamous Bio Oil, because, apart from being good for scars it evens out skin tones and keeps it well hydrated. But I fancied a change.


A while ago I blogged about a cocoa therapy oil I was using as a cheaper alternative to Bio Oil, and I loved it. So that got me thinking that there must be a lot of other great alternatives out there. I was browsing through Boots and came across this for £2.99. You can even get it on ebay for just £2! 

The bottle I bought was 40ml, and that's lasted me a month when used on my hands, arms and legs. So it's really not bad value at all. 

The first thing you notice about the product is the bright orange colour! I like it, it helps to give your skin a nice healthy glow. Then you notice the smell. It smells lovely - really clean and fresh, and the smell lasts long after the oil has absorbed into your skin. 

The only downside about this oil, is that it is almost as runny as water. It's not really a problem, just means that after applying it, I was left with little orange splash marks on my white bath mat! lovely! It washed off though so it didn't bother me too much.

My skin is hydrated, it doesn't make me feel sticky and greasy, and it absorbs quickly into skin leaving a lovely fragrance. What more can you ask for from something only costing a couple of pounds! I don't love it as much as Bio Oil, but I will be buying this product again as it has done exactly what I needed it to do :) 

So... My rating..... 

Rescue Oil: 3.5 Stars! 

Thank you to everyone for reading, and all comments, as always, are welcomed and appreciated! 

Love to you all x 



2 comments:

  1. Hello Lovely,

    Just letting you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    http://justnicolette.blogspot.com/2013/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww wow thank you!! LOVED your blog, will get on with my post now :) xxx

      Delete